I’m going to preface this with a confession – even before I had kids, my purse was a mess. I always have liked big tote type purses where stuff somehow just gets lost and accumulates at the bottom. However, before kids, the “stuff” would be things like lipstick, some change, receipts, etc.. Now with kids, my Michael Kor’s quilted leather tote is at their mercy. I think Mr. Kor’s would have a panic attack if he read this.
Today, this is what I found in my purse: a baggie containing the piece to Olivia’s turtle bracelet that needs to be fixed, a mini slinky, a pink sparkly hair tie, a medicine measuring cup, an envelope containing the remains of Olivia’s first hair cut and a Dory sticker.
This doesn’t seem too bad, nothing gross or stinky. However, to put this in perspective, I cleaned my purse out two days ago. Depressing.
On any given day, I have to be careful to not expose the contents of my purse in public. Who knows what might be lurking. All I know is when I am in a hurry, I throw stuff in my purse with the intention of throwing it away when I get home and often, it never happens. Here is a list of what I have found in my purse. I apologize for my honesty… Don’t judge me. 🙂
- A crumpled (clean) diaper.
- An annoying musical toy that goes off when you bounce your purse in just the right way.
- Dirty pacifiers.
- Stale yogi bites strewn about.
- Empty (if I’m lucky) baby food squeezies.
- A half eaten toddler breakfast bar, squished into the inner fabric.
- Yesterday’s sippy cup.
- Dried out boogie wipes that were once used to wipe…. you know… boogies.
- Half eaten lollipop, haphazardly wrapped in a tissue… half in the tissue, half stuck to the purse.
I give myself a heck of a lot of credit that dirty diaper is not on this list. Right now, you are either an ultra clean person & disgusted with me or you are laughing because you have experienced my purse disasters.
Regardless, I ask you this: Have you checked the bottom of your purse lately?